Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Day Back at Work

Yesterday was my first day back at work after three glorious weeks home with my family, it sucked! I knew it was going to suck as I was leaving the house and look in bed to give Andi and Watson a kiss goodbye. They looked so cute and peaceful laying side by side facing each other, I already missed them. I wish I could have put them in my pocket, or better yet, said fuck it and crawled right back in bed with them.

Alas, this is real life, not some fairy tale, so I sucked it up and went off to face my day. Work itself was more or less more of the same. The thing is, I actually really like where I work. I would give my actual job an 8 out of 10, but I would definitely give my place of work a 10 out of 10. There are great people, the culture of company is geared towards family, and they have always treated me well. No matter how much I like my job, it sucks not being with the two people I care about most in this world. Sucks, sucks, sucks! Basically I spent the entire day thinking about them and trying to wade through the multitude of emails eagerly awaiting my return. The emails were the easy part.

Finally, it is time to leave and I head home. When I get home I get back to what I love. I cook some dinner, hang with the fam a minute, clean up dinner, and low and behold its 8PM, time for bed. Again, this sucks. I know I am being a baby about this, and that millions upon millions of parents do the same thing. I get it, but it does not mean that I have to like it.

I'm sure we will get better with our nightly routine and I will have days where I get t0 spend more time with Andi and Watson, and let me tell you I am looking forward to those days. I thought I loved weekends before, but now that's my focus, make it to the weekend and the 48 hours I get to spend with those I love.

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment